Monday, June 25, 2007

My return to the Bay Area

Apparently you cannot just 'tough out' a torn tendon in your hand. I believe the injury I sustained while doing pull-ups before I left started this process, and an accident on the assault course at Camp Roberts is what caused the tear to become unmanageable. Currently my finger is in something called a 'reverse knuckle bender' which is as painful as it sounds. I have another six weeks or so of this, and if it is not corrected, possibly surgery. I have all the fun.
I am currently sitting in the USO in Philadelphia waiting for my flight back to California. Of course I have mixed feelings about all of this, but with all the near misses I have had with Iraq, I think someone is trying to tell me something. I managed to check into two units right after they got back, my mother's death knocked me off the last deployment, and now this. It's time to close the book on my decade of military service.
I'm currently planning to resume training in July, both in the home and outdoors. When the weather turns against us in around September/October I will also be opening a small facility somewhere between Palo Alto and San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment