Thursday, May 31, 2007

The kettlebell walk and squat

I returned to Camp Roberts today from my time off and decided to do some PT. I've started working on my high rep body weight squats more agressively with a current goal of 200 per set. I'm still working up to that.
I was doing a waiter's walk with the kettlebell, essesntially walking with one kettlebell suspended over head, when it occurred to me to stop every five steps and perform an overhead squat, which is squatting while keeping the kettlebell extended over your head. What makes this particularly grueling is the fact that you can't just bang it out like doing ten snatches. It takes a while to complete each evolution, during which time you must keep that kettlebell up. I suggest targeting either a certain number of squats or a certain distance covered. You can also decrease or increase the number of steps between squats. Use your imagination, that's what it's there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment