Saturday, June 16, 2007

Combat Conditioning at Ft. Dix

So here I am in lovely Ft. Dix, NJ. Yesterday I did some combat conditioning drills and the video for that is below. I try to stick to exercises I can do with little or no extra equipment. The crossfit programs for austere environments are great, but often I can't even get the humvee tires or empty ammo cans I need for that. This morning I took 3rd platoon through pt for the first time and it was a rude awakening for them, particularly those who thought they were in good shape. Ha ha, surprise! Yesterday I also performed a fireman's carry of a 260 lb. soldier, which is my new record. I heard a couple people remarking that it was all technique. People need to start wrapping their heads around the idea that you don't have to be a big meat-head to be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment