Friday, August 22, 2008

Welcome to the patio of pain!

I've been remiss in my blogging lately, but have still been going strong in my business and my own training. Partially my lack of blogging has been due to apartment hunting this week. I got lucky and the first one I looked at was it. I'll now be in Menlo Park a scant 1.5 miles or so from Girya, my place of business. Sweet! I'll also have a patio area where I can chain up my kettlebells and train outside. I have already dubbed it the 'Patio of Pain'.
I've started an RKC prep course for some trainer/friends of mine over at Equinox, and we had our first kettlebell beatdown today. The Equinox members didn't know quite what to make of this. :)
I also witnessed some young men doing a workout that I can only guess they saw on 'Behind the octagon' or some other UFC related show. Wow. That's all I can say. I thought the whole '3 day split on all machines' workout was bad, but this is actually worse. Hey, intensity, they've got it! No doubt. I only hope they also have some wheelchairs and screws and pins for their shoulders. I saw an amazing kettlebell clean and press. I'm just thinking "There's no way that can feel right." Some might say I should step in and fix them, but I would literally be there all day long. I saw one of the trainers trying to give them some tips and doing a good job, but they just seemed to have it stuck in their heads that they knew what they were doing. Oh well.
I've been super disciplined with my warrior dieting lately and it's paying off. I had a very strong session of snatching the 28 kg. today. Just hitting 10/10 for 7 sets, but I felt strong throughout. I tried to keep the breaks short, about 2 minutes maybe, but I wasn't being strict about it. I keep expecting my weight to drop, but it's actually going up. I ate virtually nothing today, got on the scale after my training and was at 163. I'm usually 159/160. I've also lost bodyfat, so things are heading in the right direction.
Good times.

4 comments:

  1. thats great about the move jordan. you can fall out of bed into girya. or from the patio of pain,lol.nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick, thanks for the idea.
    Joe, no t-shirts have been printed. Yet.
    Rif, I am the laziest man alive. This is perfect.

    ReplyDelete