Monday, April 16, 2007

The fun never stops...

I am currently in the process of ramping up my training, which means targeting it to more combat specific applications. Of primary importance are building up my endurance, back, and legs. Carrying loads over a sustained period of time while performing feats of strength and complex movements is key.
Today I did a 2.5 mile tire drag, followed by some kettlebells. Not really that much. The only pain about the drag was a lot of it was on pavement, which acts like a magnet on that tire and really slows me down.
Tomorrow I'm going up to my dad's place where I'll be running some drills on the pistol. I'm highly proficient with the rifle so that's not a problem, but I know my pistol work needs some help. I'm going to work on banging out a series of kettlebell swings, then drawing the pistol and trying to stay on target with an elevated heart rate and labored breathing. Should be interesting to see what effect that has as I haven't done it in a couple years.
The photo above is of some PJ's in Afghanistan that I found on the crossfit site. I didn't figure they would mind.

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war."
- George Patton, George Hyman Rickover, Chinese Proverb, etc.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan,

    Just thought I would drop you line to say hi. I just read your blog for the 1st time today. It's nice to know there is a place to find out what you're up to, especially with your inpending departure. I'm inspired by your view and approach to life and am constantly impressed with how creative and passionate you are when it comes to physical fitness.

    Erin (the blonde, with freakles from Equinoz who recently rolled her ankle)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Erin, it's nice to know I'm having an effect. A good one, for once. :)

    ReplyDelete