Saturday, February 7, 2009

Louie Simmons: Day One



Day one is in the books.
This was seminar format so it was a lot of talking and demonstrations. Things I already knew about now make sense. I knew, but I didn't know. I learned a lot more about working with bands, percentages, etc. I also saw a zercher harness used for the first time, and I definitely see a lot of value there. Based on everything I saw today I can see that a 500 lbs. deadlift is attainable, possibly in the next 12 months.
Tomorrow is practical application, during which we'll be working with Louie one by one to identify our weaknesses and address them.

4 comments:

  1. Louie is the Man. I learned more from speaking with him than anything I have ever read or done. the guy is so generous with his wealth of knowledge as well. you guys are so lucky to have heard him in person.I wish I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I'm not an RKC 2. Thanks for thinking that I am.

    ReplyDelete