Sunday, February 8, 2009

Louie Simmons: Day Two

Day two was prac app. Lots of people packed in a room lifting lots of weight. I was only there for a few hours, but I picked up a lot of useful info and received some deadlift corrections from Louie that made a lot of sense. I watched Shannon Hartnett move some big weight. She is crazy strong.
After these two days I have seen that Louie's approach is not as one dimensional as some people seem to (or want to) think. Applications for sports performance from MMA to Running to Football to Throwing are all there. This is not to say it's the only way or even the best way, but it is a way, and one that works.
You have to look at everything and find what works, then adapt that to the end user, and make sure it works for them.
Below is some video from Day Two. I wasn't paying attention when I shot the video of the guy doing the Beast Pull Up. Looking back at it his shoulders are completely out of the sockets. Impressive that he did it that way, but he could be much stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment