Saturday, December 12, 2009

2009 In Review

As the year comes to a close I decided to compile some of the things I achieved into a video. There may be another one as I've still got a bunch of other stuff.
I will note that I did not achieve the goals I had set for myself this year, but I think that was more a case of being overly optimistic than anything else. I did make marked progress toward all of them, I just didn't hit them. A narrower focus on just one may have served me better. I was going for a Beast Challenge, Red Nail Bend, and 100 reps on the 32 kg. in five minutes.
I did bend a Grade 8 Bolt, which is progress. I did pistol a 95 pound bell, press the 36 kg. and pull up the 28 kg. I did hit 20R/20L snatches on the 32 kg. We will see what 2010 brings. I'll be competing in the elite division at the April TSC and will be going for a new 32 kg. snatch test PR.
I feel good about this past year and look forward to what the next will bring.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your many accomplishments over the last year!

    The goals are not so important in their own right but instead set a course of action with a well defined intent.

    I look forward to the coming year as you set new goals and then reading about your next set of yearly accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete