Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Attacking your weakness

Regressing yourself can be a bummer, especially if you're making great progress. However, if you want to reach your goals that's the gig. For example I was getting very strong with my double overhand bending. I was getting some respectable bends out of Grade 8 bolts. After talking to some different folks I came to the conclusion that I needed to bring up my double under and reverse technique as well, so that's what I have been doing. In addition to assistance exercises I've been burning through piles of green nails, same method I used to build my Double Over. This morning 25 in a row went down using double under. Last week I moved a Gr2. I think next week I'll get my first solid double under bend of a Gr2. I can already reverse bend a Gr2 and a 60D nail. I think that once I'm evened out I'll be stronger Double Over.
Still working the card tearing using Adam's method, the same one Dave Whitley Senior RKC talked to me about at HSV. Getting better all the time. It won't be long before I can rip a deck that way.
My mobility is improving by leaps and bounds. A combination of FMS, Z-Health R Phase, and Inversion Therapy is doing the trick. I've been hanging upside down for ten minutes at a time and I can feel myself lengthening out. I cannot recommend the inversion table enough. This is the model I use.
These things can be kind of pricey, but you can find them on Craig's List or Ebay cheaper. I got mine new in the wrapper for 150.

No comments:

Post a Comment