Friday, November 20, 2009

Justin Timberlake Death Metal and Bad Company

I love this. I half expected Justin to start slaughtering people at the end of the video.



Then there's this.



Adam Glass had this on one of his videos. I lived and died by this little black cassette tape when I was fifteen. I was given it by my uncle who is now about half way through a 35 year bid at Corcoran, one of the most notorious prisons in the world. Strange how that worked out.

Listening to stuff like that makes me want to get back into music. For the better part of a decade I played in a lot of bands. Mostly metal and one delta blues metal project that no one understood, mainly because it didn't make a lick of sense. Go cross Robert Johnson with Pantera and tell me what you get.

It's interesting the different kinds of music that people dig on. Some think my tastes run kind of on the harder core side, but I don't really see it that way. Erik Blekeberg was listening to stuff that will take some of your brain cells with it on the way out the door when Eric Kenyon and I were staying with him in San Diego. Not in a Bad Way, it's just METAL. No additives, no preservatives, just the real deal.
Folks dig on different things and that's cool. Everyone's musical tastes are valid.
Unless you listen to R&B.

No comments:

Post a Comment