Sunday, November 22, 2009

I have bent 100 sixty penny nails



For the past few months I haven't done much double overhand bending. Most of my work has been reverse and double under styles, just trying to get stronger and balanced out. It worked.
Today I worked my way through a bucket of 100 sixty penny nails. It got harder toward the end, but I didn't run into the same pain issues I did last time with the 50 blues. I just started feeling really punchy around the 80's.
Why did I do it? Because I thought I could. I'm glad I did because I learned a lot about my technique, particularly getting my glutes tight. Guess what helps stabilize your core? Duh.
My wrists and grip are a hell of a lot stronger. I've been working on grabbing the nails hard vs. 'folding' them.
I feel like I was hit by a truck right now, but it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment