Monday, September 29, 2008

Damn that's still a lot of presses and happy birthday to me. :)

Today is my birthday, and I am 33 years old. I celebrated by doing 200 military presses on the 24 kg. 20 sets of 5/5. Not really a celebration as this is just my high volume pressing day. Everything on the right was easy, so I will either up the reps per set, or bump up to the 28 kg. This program is working, and very well. I completed everything on my left, and the presses became easier as I went on and my mechanics improved.
I'm all moved in to the new place and there's a lot going on this month to include my next workshop with equinox.

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jordan! Got to love Bill the Cat! Hey where can I find a more detailed description of your current high volume pressing regimen? I need to work my way up to the beast too. I currently am planning to use RoP as my tool.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone, much appreciated.
    Matt, the program is in the RKC Manual 'Training for maximal strenth with the kettlebell' There's some other stuff in the article such as the stacked kettlebell press that helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks Jordan. I don't recall seeing it, but I will take another look tonight.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, Jordan. Onward and upward from here.

    ReplyDelete