Sunday, June 22, 2008

New Max VO2 PR

I actually didn't intend to do this, but it happened anyway. Started out today with a 36/36 on the 20 kg. bell going for 15 reps per as usual. First set I locked it out after the 15th rep and looked at the timer.
I still had seven seconds left.
So I pretty much had no excuse for not kicking it up to 16 reps per set. After I realized I was going to make it to a respectable number of sets I fired up the video camera.
This was definitely hard, and the main negating factor was grip. I wasn't on my stretches like I should have been, and I know that makes all the difference.
I might actually start chalking too, if it's going to mean the difference between being a mutant and not being a mutant. We'll see.
Something else that certainly effected my grip was going hard-style all the way, up and down. I think I did a few corkscrews down when my grip started to fry, but only a few. I know I can snatch faster hard-style than I can GS, and I'm working on something, so we'll see.
Made it to 14 sets this time. Next time I'll go for the full twenty.

4 comments:

  1. With that much extra time, maybe you ought to go corkscrew for the whole thing.

    That was weird when your girlfriend came in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been using the corskscrew up until now. That's why I suddenly had so much time as I was snatching much faster. I'm working back and forth, so we'll see, but I am going to take your suggestions and use the corkscrew and keep the bell moving for my next 5 minute test.
    That was actually a burglar who walked in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you handled her without incident.

    ReplyDelete