Monday, August 24, 2009

Can I still do a one arm/ one leg push up?

A couple years ago I used Naked Warrior to build up to a one arm/ one leg push up on my right side. I can get solid one arm push ups on both sides, but the one leg version eludes me on my left. I'm using FMS to work out my asymmetries and restrictions, so I hope to nail it on the left soon.
So on Friday I was working with a client who is building up to one arm push ups, and while explaining why a one arm/ one leg is such a great example of total body tension I decided to quit running my mouth about it, and demonstrate. Problem: I had not done one in a year. Could I still do it? Yes. Strength it a skill, and like any skill it needs to be sharpened from time to time, but it doesn't just go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment