Sunday, May 17, 2009

The grip workshop is in the books.

Today I did my first grip workshop at Girya in Palo Alto. It went well. I had some strong attendees and a few pulled off PR's. For whatever reason I thought it would be a great idea to do a Bear Deadlift workout just beforehand, so I was trashed going in. Still, I managed to surprise myself. I blew through a couple decks of cards and a GR5 bend without much trouble. I would almost classify the GR5 bend as 'easy'. I believe this has a lot to do with my taking more days off recently to handle the Bear volume.
Todd Temple pulled off a 32 kg. bottoms up press, a GR5 bolt bend, and took down some decks of cards. He is a former national arm wrestling champion and very strong individual. If he chooses to pursue this I see a Red Nail bend in his imminent future, as well as some other impressive feats of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment