Sunday, July 13, 2008

Back on the horse what threw me- Max VO2

Today I picked the 20 kilo back up and went to work. The result was 50 sets of 15/15 at 6 reps per set. The key here is that I blew through it with no problem, and could definitely have gone to 7 reps, but I chose to take it slow. Last sunday I was suffering from the word "go", left spinal erector and glute were fired up, and my grip was getting killed. Diet is a huge factor for me and being back on the Warrior Diet this week has helped a ton. After last Sunday's debacle I walked back inside and the first thing I said to Vanessa was "I'm back on the warrior diet." and so it was.
I also had no grip issues, and my hands stayed together just fine. Whenever I make a significant push in the VO2 I'm going to video the whole workout, as I did today. It's broken up into three clips displayed below. The music I put to it was the same stuff I was listening to- Flyleaf.







By the way, I'd like to encourage everyone out there who is taking a run at the Max VO2 to stick with it. If your hands are getting shredded root out the problem and fix it. This is definitely worth sticking with and making the focal point of your training program. I think strength and endurance need to be balanced, and one without the other leaves you incomplete. Remember, your strength is only as good as your ability to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment