Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off to the RKC.

Tomorrow morning I'm heading over to pick up a car much better than mine and drive down to Los Angeles for the RKC. That's right, I'll be driving a Yugo all the way to UCLA.
Ha, ha... get it? Because a Yugo is a piece of... well, anyway.
This has been a long time coming for me. I would have gone sooner, but life got in the way. Well, life and the Defense Department.
I feel really good about the whole situation. I avoided injuring myself this week and my hands are as good as they're going to get. I get to spend three days with dozens of the best strength trainers in the country. Are you kidding me?! People keep bringing up the physical exertion part. Not sure what they're talking about. I hope they don't want me to work out or something at this thing. It's just a lot of note taking, right?
Sometimes people say I take all this stuff too seriously. To that I say "You take your heart medication too seriously. You take the birth of your child too seriously."
Whether you realize it or not, this stuff is life changing. I went from being the weakest person in any given room (often including the women) to being one of the strongest. I am healthier than I have ever been and I never worry about things like heart attacks or joint problems. I am actively working to build my future.
See, I'm the guy who believed the ads. "Build android work capacity and the pain tolerance of an immortal!" and the classic "Lunges are for sissies." Good, I hated lunges anyway.
Not only did I believe the ads, but I believed in myself. I just needed the proper tool to unlock my own potential. I found it, and it has a convenient carrying handle.
Truthfully though, it's not about the kettlebell. It's just about you. It's about developing an unshakable belief in yourself and your ability to do anything.
Except fly. You can't do that, and furthermore you were foolish for thinking you could.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    I have no doubt at all you will succeed and make the RKC community very proud!

    ReplyDelete