Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Beyond Thunderdome

Today I was strong, and the Jor-Hawk was strong as well. It may have been stronger, actually.
Worked out with Tara (client/ massage therapist/ yogi) at Equinox in Palo Alto.
Order of the day: Max VO2/ 50 sets/ 25 minutes.
I did it with the 20 kilo, she with the 12. I hit 6 reps per set, no problem. A slightly fussy left hand kept me from going faster. A couple of pinch points need stronger callusing before I speed up. Made it through the 25 minutes and declared that we were going "Beyond Thunderdome!"
This meant 10 more minutes, this time on the 16 kilo hitting 8 reps per set. This got rough, but not rough enough to keep me from doing 10 sets of 10 two handed swings on the 40 kilo when I was done with it. Still felt fine and could have kept going, but opted to exercise better judgment. Finished up with some pistols. Next I'm bumping up to 7 reps per set on the 20.
I feel better than I ever have. It's all warrior diet and Jor-Hawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment