Thursday, April 17, 2008

Goals and Pistols

In light of my newfound super powers I did some goal setting today. These may seem like big jumps, but it's unbelievable how much I've progressed in the past few weeks, so it's doable.
TGU- Cindy Glass RKC.
Next TSC- 140 reps in 5 minutes with the 24 kilo. It can be done, and it will be done.
April 2008 TSC- Enter the Elite Division.
SSST- 220 reps. It will be done.

I'm amazed at how strong I am in the pistols now. Left leg still needs to be brought up, but I can sit all the way down on my right, pause, and bring it back up. I'm working into the weighted pistols now. Need to do some video on this and check my form, but it feels strong. I love this move and I'm thrilled that I can finally do it.
There is a lesson to be learned here. Before, I was very hit and miss with GTG on these. the past few weeks I've been hitting it 3-6 times a day and that has made all the difference. Need to consistently hit those higher numbers.

7 comments:

  1. OH, that kind of pistol. I read the title and got all excited. With us moving to TX, I was thinking about getting a pistol. I think it's TX law that everyone has to own at least one gun.

    What helps me with pistols:

    Focus on pushing the non-working leg/foot fwd, think imaginary leg press.

    Focus on sitting on my ankle, rather than pushing my hips back.

    To build more leg strength, do them on a box/bench. You can focus more on the working leg and less on keeping the non-working leg up.

    got any tips for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips.
    My tips? Buy a pistol with no safety, they're annoying. Sig Sauer P229 is a good one. Also get a tactical flashlight with a strobe feature so no one can key in on your light and shoot you. That would be lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sig P229 seem to a popular recommendation.

    That's at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BJ, 226 has the same grip circumference, but a .5" longer barrel and holds more rounds. Unless you're going to carry (hint, 239), I'd go with the 226.

    Jordan, that's a hellacious snatch goal you set for yourself. My guy, Sean Schniederjan did 80 straight with the 32 in 3.5 minutes and 139 in 5 minutes with the 24 at the last TSC. He didn't stop, and he went fast the whole time. I have no idea how people do 140+. I hope you can do it, and I look forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Aaron. I know it's possible, so it should just be a matter of conditioning and will. Should be. :)
    BTW, I see that we're up to both eyes and a nose now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fawn is in charge of this picture. After she changes it, I adapt, LOL.

    That's 28 per minute for the whole 5 minutes. Starting with some timed sets right now is probably the thing to do. 26 per minute for 3 minutes is the best I've done. I hope you can do better. 3-minute blasts are great, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel good about it. We'll see where it goes. I just bumped up to the 20 kilo for my 36/36 Max VO2 and haven't been killed yet, we'll see...

    ReplyDelete