Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Max VO2 36/36 20 kilo, 20 sets- Complete!

Yeah, that was hard. Today I made it through 20 sets at 15 reps per set with the 20 kilo. I'm going to stick with this for a couple weeks and really nail it. No real problems to speak of, I have to say it went pretty smoothly. Forearms were pumped but my grip never gave out like it was before. A big factor was stretching between sets. If I just stand there like a doofus for 36 seconds my forearms will just keep tightening. You're not supposed to stand around anyway, so it shouldn't be an issue.
I know I can go faster, as I was consistently done with my 15 and locked out for the last 5 seconds of each set, but I feel that trying to push it up to 16 too soon would be met with less than desirable results. I also brought in my stone and filed down my calluses between sets, which helped a lot. Hands are still perfect. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment