Monday, April 14, 2008

School Of Infantry


I was just being nostalgic today and came across this website for the School Of Infantry at Camp Pendleton. Reading about the check in procedures was a trip. I remember checking in and being put on security duty waiting for my class to pick up. That was where I first became really well acquainted with sleep deprivation. From there I fired up with Bravo Company. Our instructor was some Sergeant who was the biggest bastard I've ever seen. He walks in the room and says "Don't be intimidated by my size."
Riiight.
I quickly found out boot camp wasn't over. We were just in a faster harder version of boot camp, with less rest and fewer rules. When I say fewer rules, I don't mean in a good way.
All in all it was a good experience, and a big part of making me who I am today. We should all be so lucky. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment