Sunday, April 6, 2008

TSC Complete

Ok. Overall I'm pretty happy with how this went. New PR on my deadlift, bringing it up to 387 lbs. I had been getting stalled at 360 lbs. for the last couple months, so I did close to that for my first pull and it went up pretty easy. Factor in competition and being in Stone's gym for that. Bumped it up to 387 and it was rough, but good. Might have been able to kick it up again but would have really been pushing my luck, and you need to game this event a bit to make sure you don't toast yourself early and lose a bunch of snatches. Pull ups. Ugh. I had been training wrong for these, not stopping at the bottom. Still not bad though, and now that I fully understand it my training will be better. Snatches went well, no complaints there. Dropped three from my PR of 94, but still good, ending up with 91 24 kilo snatches in 5 minutes. If you want to see someone in absolute misery, skip to the end of the video. :)
I learned a lot from this experience, and will be able to adapt my training to improve immensely by next September.
Thanks to Mark Reifkind Senior RKC for holding the San Jose TSC and encouragement. Also, thanks to Cindy Glass RKC for inspriing me into doing this in the first place.

15 comments:

  1. Jordan,

    as I said before you were a total gamer for this and hung tough.I just wish I had made you take more rest between events it might have helped.but no matter, not the last one, just the first one.well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rif. As I said, I learned a lot that I can apply to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your suffering is truly inspiring! Congratulations, Jordan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job, Jordan! So, where the heck was Cindy? Why didn't she compete?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. Cindy was taken out a few months back by a shoulder glitch, but I'm sure she'll pop up in the next TSC or two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to "nut up" and keep pushing man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fawn,

    cindy is going to be concentrating on the five and ten minute snatch tests in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great, I'm looking forward to the numbers she'll be putting up. Also some good video of pain and suffering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Mike. I checked it out and you killed the thing! Like the blog, I'll be checking it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice work man but your calves are hella tiny ... do some raises, dude. (sorry, i come from a long line of large-calved samoans.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trust me, there is nothing that doesn't come in a syringe that will make those things grow. :)
    I can calf raise a hyundai.

    ReplyDelete