Thursday, April 10, 2008

The juice is the thing


Most people seem to start their day off with coffee, and that's cool, but I start mine off with a tall glass of vegetable juice that closely resembles garbage bag leakage. People look at this brown/green concoction and cringe, but I swear it tastes great. Primarily it is composed of cucumbers, carrots, celery, kale (mmmm... kale), red or rainbow chard, Omega 3's, and a little dose of Udo's Wholesome Fast Food. As I'm Warrior Dieting there's no food in the morning or all day, so that's it.
Since I have been doing this I wake up out of bed like a shot out of a gun. I have more energy all day than I ever have, and I feel better. Another important aspect of this is that I know I'm not poisoning myself. Now I look around at the things people are shoving into their mouths, the smoking, etc. and I'm amazed people aren't dropping dead left and right. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you went home at the end of the day and had to step over half a dozen dead bodies to get to your front door. Just the remains of people who randomly dropped like flies while walking around guzzling coke and smoking cigarettes.
Hey, don't get me wrong, I used to be just as bad but there's no way I'm going back. Why would I want to go from feeling great from the time I get up to the time I go to sleep, to feeling like crap all day?
People always complain that healthy foods taste bad and that surely my veggie juice 'wake-up' must taste horrible. In the beginning it might, because your body doesn't even know how to deal with healthy stuff anymore. You might even get sick, because it's battling the toxins in your system. Buying a pre-bottled veggie juice isn't the same, as by the time it gets to you the good enzymes you want are dead.
Just an idea. Give it a shot, see how you feel.

10 comments:

  1. Here is the best alkaline starter juice recipe (for those who arent as brave as Master J to go full on with the kale and chard)
    -Huge bag spinach
    -one carrot
    -one whole cucumber
    -celery stalk.
    -maybe a single slice apple
    ALL organic and washed. Especially the apple and leafy greens. Live food live body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. " garbage bag leakage", lol. thats classic man.Vegetable juice rocks.SO MANY nutrients with almost zero calories and NO insulin spike. way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Rif, the veggie juice is perfect in the morning.
    Vanessa Actual, start spinning up the FTL drives, the Cylons are here! Thanks for the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jordan:

    1. How much of each ingredient do you put in? I'm finding that I'm struggling to know what's too much and what's too little for my body during the Undereating Phase.

    2. What is the total volume of your juice once you mix it all together?
    What I've been doing is just tossing the entire fruits/veggies right into the blender and mixing. Then I'll be getting every last nutrient- including the fiber. Is that not how we're supposed to do it?

    3. What does an entire typical day look like for you? I would like to just have an idea because it seems like you're eating close to how I am.

    Thanks,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. It ends up being about 12 oz. Right now I'm on 1 cucumber, 1 stalk kale, 1 stalk red chard, 2-3 carrots, 3 celery stalks. Most of the juice comes out of that cucumber. I actually stay away from the fruits until afternoon time. I might add half an apple to my morning juice, but I don't even do that anymore. I've really pretty much stopped eating during the day. I'll have keifer a few times for the protein, but that's it. Then it's dinner. Any nutrients I get during the day come from juices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Well what do you feel about just tossing all that into a blender rather then juicing it? Isn't there a lot left of the actual fruit/veggie by juicing it?

    2. What are the pros and cons of just juicing it rather than blending it all together as I do?

    3. So it's best to not have fruits in the morning on the WD and have the veggies instead?

    This is how I've been eating: http://bobgarontraining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also I always take Standard Process Catalyn(their whole food multi-vitamin) and Calaplex-B(their whole food B-Complex) throughout the day as well as Garden of Life Calcium, a whole food vitamin-C supplement, Barlean's Fish Oils, and New Chapter's probiotics. I do that every day a couple times- morning, mid-day, and then just a couple smaller amounts of the calcium and fish oils at night.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The no fruit in the morning is just my personal thing. Unless your blender is an absolute beast I think you would end up choking down a lot of whole veggie matter. Sounds like the other stuff you're doing is all good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah I have a blender on steroids. LOL

    I do get A LOT of bulk fiber and let's just say I am VERY regular. I feel great and that's the most important thing.

    After reading your shake I changed my morning one to one similar to yours and am very much enjoying it. I even bought the Udo's powder. I was already using another brand similar, but the Wholesome Fast Food looked more like what I needed.

    Thanks Jordan,

    -Bob

    ReplyDelete
  10. Master J, Story of O and she makes your juice in the morning. Now I see why you don't sleep. Your a lucky boy, but what the hell is an FTL drive? I don't wanna know.

    ReplyDelete